18 March 2008

In other news, I hate George W. Bush


Being the "raging liberal" I am, this should be no surprise. Considering today is the 5-year anniversary of the Iraq invasion, I thought I'd dedicate a whole post in his honor. Defend him as you wish- everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just really can't stand the guy.
My main disgust stems from my dislike for his policies, and more specifically bringing us into an ILLEGAL and preemptive war. He wasted all the support we had internationally after 9/11 and turned us into an international pariah. We aren't any more "secure" than we were 5 years ago, and Iraq isn't in any better condition. We did not find any WMD, and now we're trapped in a high budget war with no end in sight.
I would love to go on, and supply you with all sorts of fun facts and figures, but I'm afraid it might escalate into a boring tangeant that only a fellow Poli Sci fanatic would appreciate. Therefore, on a lighter note, let's take a look at a few of Bush's famous quotes. Turns out not only is he a terrible policy maker, but he's quite the dope of speaker as well.

Here's to Mr Dubuya...

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president."

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —discussing the Iraq war


"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." (yes, yes i believe we do know. thanks for the reminder though)

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." (i'd have to say this is an all-time favorite)


"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." 9/13/01
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." 3/13/02

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." (wait, what country do we live in?)

Well that's all for now. Hopefully I haven't offended anyone.. I really mean it when I say everyone has the right to their own opinion. Just make sure it's YOURS and you know why. Definitely check out the YouTube link for a good laugh... And be smart when you vote in November!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8EvNJWM_NDg


3 comments:

LEESH said...

you are so smart about this. i know i know. it is your MAJOR. i just feel stupid half the time and fear to ever have a political debate with you... not that i would. okay. bye. love love love.

afton said...

i fear to have a political debate with you as well. especially because i'm probably the most conservative friend you've got. which means we wouldn't really mesh well on such topics. i'm glad we like each other anyway.

Greg and Alyssa said...

Why would you ever apologize for hating on bush???? Remember how this is the FIVE YEAR anniversary of being in iraq? That pretty much in and of itself is reason to hate him. Don't ever let me hear you apologize for being honest and logical again. EVER.